User is an individual with a unique login.
Account/Team is a group of Users with shared subscription and data.
Showroom is a "brand space" where products and orders are built and collected.
A "User" (or "Login" to differentiate between an actual person and the entity in Brandboom):
- Is represented by an email address
- Has a login password
- Is a member of 1 Account/Team in Brandboom
- Can only be logged in on one device at a time
- Has specific permissions granted in an Account/Team
- Has specific permissions granted in a Showroom
An Account consists of 1 or more Users who share access to information by default and have their access and subscriptions managed together.
Often an Account is referred to as a "Team" since the word "account" may be confused with User/Login.
Each Account/Team has an Organization Profile where they can set an Organization name and address. Since Brandboom allows for all kinds of collaborative arrangements, an Account/Team may be used to represent any of these:
- Parent or subsidiary company
- Different departments of a company
- Sales Agency
- Independent Sales Rep
- Individual User
- Any group
Each Account/Team can have more than 1 Owner who:
- Can authorize changes to Subscription
- Can delete or request suspension of other Users in the Account/Team
- Can authorize transfer or addition of Account/Team ownership to another User in the Account/Team
A Showroom is simply a "brand space" created by Users that has its own Products, Orders, Settings, and Invited Users.
Example: [[email protected]] is a User from the Account/Team "Brand M Inc." who created the Showroom "Brand M" and is the Owner of the Showroom.
Each Showroom has 1 Owner who:
- Cannot be removed from the Showroom's list of Invited Users
- Is the only User capable of authorizing a transfer of ownership to another User
- Is the only User capable of deleting the Showroom completely
By default, the User who originally created a Showroom is set as the Showroom Owner.
Note: Often, the actual Brand owner is the person who creates the Showroom and is set as the Owner. However, in some cases, an employee, contractor, or Sales Agency may create a User and create the Showroom to display and sell products for the actual Brand. Therefore it is important to note that the Owner of a Showroom is not necessarily the actual owner of a Brand.
Example: [email protected] is a User from the Account/Team "Brand M Inc." who owns the Showroom "Brand M"
Showroom Owner's Team
A User may be the Owner of a Showroom but it does not mean that anybody in their Account/Team has to be invited or will be invited automatically.
If the Owner does invite other members of their Account/Team, those users will have the potential ability to see all Orders collected in the Showroom. This allows members of the same Account/Team to collaborate with more comprehensive access than invited Users from other Accounts/Teams.