A Showroom is a "brand space" that contains its own set of branding, products, orders, and invited users. Each Showroom has only 1 Showroom Owner who manages its settings.
An Account is a group of Users or simply 1 independent user. Each Account can have 1 or more Account Owners who manage the settings and subscriptions of this group of users.
Ownership of an Account and Ownership of a Showroom are completely separate.
See User/Login, Account/Team, and Showroom - Terms Defined for more detail.
Each Showroom has 1 Owner who:
- Cannot be removed from the Showroom's list of Invited Users
- Is the only User capable of authorizing a transfer of ownership to another User
- Is the only User capable of deleting the Showroom completely
By default, the User who originally created a Showroom is set as the Showroom Owner.
Note: Often, the actual Brand owner is the person who creates the Showroom and is set as the Owner. However, in some cases, an employee, contractor, or Sales Agency may create a User and create the Showroom to display and sell products for the actual Brand. Therefore it is important to note that the Owner of a Showroom is not necessarily the actual owner of a Brand.
Example: [email protected] is a User from the Account/Team "Brand M Inc." who owns the Showroom "Brand M"
Showroom Owner's Team
A User may be the Owner of a Showroom but it does not mean that anybody in their Account/Team has to be invited or will be invited automatically.
If the Owner does invite other members of their Account/Team, those users will have the potential ability to see all Orders collected in the Showroom. This allows members of the same Account/Team to collaborate with more comprehensive access than invited Users from other Accounts/Teams.
Each Account/Team can have more than 1 Owner who:
- Can authorize changes to Subscription
- Can delete or request suspension of other Users in the Account/Team
- Can authorize transfer or addition of Account/Team ownership to another User in the Account/Team